Referrals and Fees

You do not need a referral to make an appointment to see a cousellor. However in order to claim a rebate under Medicare, Victims of Crime or any other funders, you will need to have a referral from your GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. Referrals are typically valid for 1 year. If you have any questions about this issue then please call.

Referral under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative

In order to receive a Medicare rebate, a doctor must first make an assessment that you need the services of a clinical social worker. You will need to be referred to a clinical social worker by an appropriate medical practitioner. This can be through a referral from your Psychiatrist, Paediatrician or under a GP Mental Health Plan.

Fees are payable on the day of treatment. Cash, cheque, and debit/credit cards (Visa and MasterCard only) can be processed. You only need to pay the gap fee and the rest is processed by your clinician.

If you are unable to claim from Medicare, you may be able to claim a rebate from your private health insurer. This will depend on your provider and level of cover.


If you need to cancel or reschedule your individual appointment, please give your clinical social worker at least 24 hours notice or you may be charged a cancellation fee. Failure to attend sessions will result in the full fee bring charged. This is not claimable from Medicare.